- Maasi Karuvadu is known as Tuna Dry Fish
- Tuna fish is one of the most popular varieties of seafood in the world. In addition to its abundance and meaty flavor, tuna is also extremely nutritious.
- he high levels of omega-3 fatty acids in tuna fish will help to reduce the level of omega-6 fatty acids and LDL cholesterol that can accumulate inside the arteries of the heart. Eating more omega-3 is associated with reduced rates of cardiovascular disease, including heart attacks.
- The omega-3s in tuna also seem to have a positive effect on eye health.
- Tuna’s omega-3 fatty acids are also believed to slow the growth of tumor cells and reduce inflammation in the body. This is important because many types of cancer are correlated with chronic inflammation
- Tuna is a lean meat. It’s relatively high in protein, but low in calories, which means that it keeps you full longer and stops you from eating more
- Tuna is rich in manganese, zinc, vitamin C and selenium, which help in strengthening the immune system.